Thursday, November 02, 2006

Latest Rolling Coconuts I

After almost three weeks of turmoil, I am finally able to get back to this blog. Sorry for the absence.

Two months after it came out, the most recent Rolling Coconuts has landed on my desk. The #32 issue came out 28 August. If my math serves, the next issue should be coming out later this month. I hope I can snag one faster than this one.

This issue is essentially a compliation of interviews

The cover story is an interview with Tsuji Ayano. Her music has been featured in commercials, television programs, and in an Ghibli animation film. She as just but out her double-disc "Tsuji Best" ablum.

The second article is another interview. This one is with Toda Shinji of Toda Guitars. He has put out an ukulele commemorating the release of the Ukulele Ultraman album. They are available through Kiwaya.

The third atricle also relates to the Ukulele Ultraman album. Kiyoshi Kobayashi's interview discusses his involvement with the publishing of the score and tab of the album. It is put out by Doremi, but I have been unable to find it on their website.

Anyone interested in hearing some of the tunes on the ablum might try the web page of the music publishing company, Geneon.

More to come about this issue soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to read something about Rolling Coconut that at last I can really understand !
I wish I was able to read the few issues I own ...